Friday, October 24, 2008

Scientists

Last night I was giving Kinsey and Riley a bath. Bath time is approached very business like until hair is washed and bodys are bathed. After that, it's time for fun and games. We have a shower head that can be removed from it's holder and held in your hand. This has made the chore of washing two little girls hair much easier. When I'm not actually holding the shower, I usually give it to Kinsey to be in charge of. She likes to make little "waterfalls" with it.

Last night when Kinsey was making another one of her waterfalls she proclaimed, "Daddy I'm a scientist who knows about waterfalls". She has told me before that she knows a lot about waterfalls but has never framed it in the realm of being a scientist. That got my attention. I said "You're a scientist are you?" She replied "I sure am and Riley is one too because she knows about bugs". I looked at Riley and she nodded her head confirming that it was true. Then Kinsey continued "I bet you never knew your two little girls are scientists". I had to admit, that was news to me.
Just when you think you may be able to guess what they're pondering, they vocalize their thoughts and you realize; the only way to really know what they are thinking is to take the time to listen. I asked Kinsey what she thought a scientist was . She told me it was somebody who tried to learn about stuff. I'd say that's a fair assessment.
Signing off for now, it's time to pick my scientists up from their labs.


No comments: