Friday, October 31, 2008

God's Secret

On the way home from school one day last week, my daughter Kinsey matter of factly informed me that "God made himself". I thought about it for a moment then told her that as far as I knew, God had no beginning. Her response was to just continue looking out the car window.

Several hours later, Kinsey came up to me and asked how could it be that God had no beginning? "That's the million dollar question. Nobody knows the answer to that. Some people think they know but they don't" I said. I went on to tell her that we as humans have a very difficult time understanding that because most everything we experience and see has a beginning and an end. Kinsey thought about it for a minute and then stated that there is somebody who knows the answer and that somebody is God. Then she said "I wished God had told me the answer when I was born, but I guess he wanted to keep it a secret".

No comments: